Monday, January 20, 2014

Pretty Kitty- my first layout for 2014!!

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

It has been a lovely summer full of fun and activities round here so there has been no time to scrap - we have been too busy making memories! The camera has been clicking away so the photos will appear on layouts and in albums soon!

I have not had the chance to do a layout since  October- the longest break i have ever had but i have created 4 mini albums - 2 from scratch and started a canvas as well as trying to keep up with Project Life! I haven't started 2014 yet but that will come now that everyone will be back into crop nights and getting together again Hooray!

My lovely husband noticed my frustration the other day and my lack of creativity so took the kids out for a couple of hours to give me a chance to have a play in my scraproom and i managed to get a layout done! This one was based on a sketch from the Flying Unicorn. This is the sketch...



I had lots of fun trying lots of mixed media products etc on this one- gesso- texture paste, stencils, distress inks . glimmermist as well as tissue paper and washi tape and burlap/ hessian oh and lots of stamping! But i still have my layers and lots of flowers!!

This one features my lovely cat Mia, sunning herself up our huge tree- she has been very smoochy this past week and has been sleeping with me each night and morning- something she has never done in her 11 years! Weird but nice!

Here is my layout...



and a close up



Would love to know what you think ! Leave me some love!

Back soon with more to share- 2 nights out scrapping this week !!

Francine

2 comments:

vickiparker said...

Wow - for not having scrapped since October I would say you are well and truly back into it. Absolutely fabulous.

Dianne H said...

Fantastic layout and you certainly have your mojo back for 2014. love it and all the detail