Friday, September 20, 2013

Scrappin Patch Retreat - Megan the Magnificent Classes...

Hi folks,

Life has been busy here ... i have managed to secure myself a part-time at this stage job starting on Monday! I will be the Trainee Office Manager for Appliances for Rent!! At this stage i am still in training but hope to do Mondays and Wednesdays and eventually will be everyday once it is set up for me to work from home! Exciting times and will be great to have some more income now that Simon can only work part time as well due to his health issues!

Just wanted to pop in and share the beautiful vintage layouts that we did with the Magnificent Megan at the Scrappin Patch retreat a few weeks back. I love these Kaisercraft - 75 cents papers - they are right up my alley with greens and blacks and perfect for vintage photos. Sadly thanks to my Grandma who burnt all the old photos oneday when she was having clean out - GRRRR- i don;t have any - sob sob. So i went with the next best thing some black and white photos of us the other week in the daffodils at Hagley Park.

Megan had done a masculine and feminine type layout that suited my photos perfectly - one with Simon in and one with me with the girls. Here are the lovely ladies in the class...


Megan had used an amazing 22 pieces of diecuts from the Kaisercraft 75 cents embellishment pack to go on this layout!! This was a fantastic way of using up all those pieces by layering them together and on top of each other for dimension! Lots of fussy cutting and embellies on this page!


For the masculine page we first of all had to use a stencil and texture paste for the background. I hadn't used my stencils as much as i should have by now - but this definitley encouraged me to use them more - a spray of some glimmermists and we were all set to start layering up some more embellies and our beautiful chipboard pieces. I have fallen in love with chipboard again and looking at all my layouts for the weekend - every single one had chipboard on!!
Anyways here is the fabulous second layout


and a close up of the layering and musin!
What a brilliant class- thanks Megan !! 

Scrappin Patch have announced the dates for next years retreat already and have even added an option to start on the Thursday and finish Sunday!! Wahoo!! Roll on May 2014!

I still have a lot to share from the retreat so be sure to pop back in in a couple of days! As always thanks for visiting and please leave me a comment so i know you have visited!

Francine

4 comments:

Dianne H said...

Looks like lots of fun creativity was had. Love that steampunk clock.

Megs said...

you are welcome, pleased you enjoyed yourself! :)

Rochelle said...

It was such a fun class! Great company too! :-) lovely work Francine.

Pauline Parker said...

Fantastic work as usual.