Monday, July 15, 2013

OUAS challenge for July

HI Folks,

Long time no post  i know - i have been scrapping a little so have a few layouts to share. Now its school holidays that will halt for awhile- ie the next 2 weeks!

Anyhoo here is the latest sketch for Once Upon a Sketch. The challenge for July was to use the theme "GROW: and to use this sketch as inspiration..


And this is my entry - featuring the lovely Hollie with her new glasses. Seems she has inherited my bad eyesight along with Zoe. She was happy with her pink glasses and the fact that they had Snow White on the sides!

I used some of the beautiful Secret Admirer from Kaisercraft which has nice bright colours and lots of nice flowers - so right up my alley! I started with some fussy cut flowers and then some banners and then went to town with the collectables instead of cutting up some more of the beautiful papers. This is what i ended up with......


My one thought when i finished was that it looks kind of like a Trudi Harrison style layout - although no where near as awesome as hers! That wasn't my plan - i went from the sketch and this is what came out! I wasn't sure where i was going to start when i first saw the sketch - but once i removed the cogs and added flowers instead i was set!

The journalling is on a tag tucked behind the paper at the top -


Thanks for visiting my blog today - i  appreciate all your comments!

Francine

8 comments:

Shirley Pettigrew said...

Amazing. You are just if not more talented

Vicki said...

Just lovely and your wee model looks super cute in her new glasses. I've got those bits and bobs from Kaiser stashed away somewhere and love the colours.

Megs said...

That layout is one of favs now, just love it and it helps that you have such a super cute subject :)

Cathy said...

Beautiful LO Francine, love that range of Kaiser papers!! Fabulous take on this months challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS :)

Pauline Parker said...

Another beautiful page and I also love her glasses.

Eila Sandberg said...

Don't we all love that collection from KC! I got specs when I was 8 and they were nowhere near as cute as those of your daughter. Pink!! thank you so so much for sharing your beautiful layout with us at OAS! wonderful take on the challenge.

Dianne H said...

Very cute. Nice work with all the collections pieces.

Chantalle said...

Great to have you play along with us at OUAS! Fantastic job on the sketch :)