Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Scrap Room....



Hi folks,

Sorry that it has been a wee while since i have last blogged- life has been pretty hectic round here- well even more so than usual! 

For those of you that may be hoping for some scrapbooking work - sorry i just have not had any time to get anything at all done and i missed my Friday night sanity saver as Simon had a work do last Friday!! I am off to a friends tomorrow night so hope to get some done then!!

My scrapbooking room is coming along nicely - Simon has purchased the carpet for the room and over the weekend has put in a new aluminium window for the room. He has a little but more framing to do and then we have to wait for the electrician to come to put in the lights and powerpoints. Once he has been it will be pretty quick from there to put the pink batts in and gib it up - plaster and paint and away we go!! I can't wait to have some more space to move and store stuff! And best of all to have friends over to scrap and be merry! I have even been asked if i will teach some classes!!

Here are some photo updates of my room - its quite messy as all the extra tents and Simon's gear is stored in there till its done- then all of that will go in the new storage area in the ceiling!



Starting out - first the wall had to be moved back a metre into the garage to give me more room- the room is about 4m by 5m so quite big!!

Then he had to drill and bolt the wall to the floor and do all the framing into the concrete walls


framing the walls and ceiling

My new window and the ceiling almost framed up...

Its getting there- i can't wait for it to be done and to get in there and scrap!! Thanks to my lovely hubby for all his hard work in making it for me!

I will be back in the next few days with some updates of what we have been up to and maybe a layout to share - so check back again soon


Francine




4 comments:

Pauline Parker said...

Looking good!!!

Megs said...

How exciting seeing it start to together! Why on earth isn't simon a self employed handy man?!! I wish my husband had even a smidgen of bomb the builder in him :) you lucky thing.

Hilary said...

Oh wow this is so exciting - I can't wait to see it all finished!! You are very fortunate to have such a wonderful hubby (ROFL at Megan with her "bomb the builder" hehe)

belinda leen said...

Francine this looks fantastic! Jealous? YEP!!!