Saturday, December 22, 2012

Yes i have scrapped!! Once upon a Sketch for Dec!

Hi Folks,

Well Christmas is almost upon us.. i have lots of photos to share of the girls and our activities but today i wanted to share a layout with you. Yes! I have scrapped!

I had a lovely evening of scrapping at a dear friends house and managed to get a couple of layouts done- the first time in months- it felt good!  So here is my entry for the December Once Upon a Sketch challenge- the challenge was to write about what December means to you... i guess that i didn't title  it very well- but my hidden journalling explains... for me its about many things but for us here in NZ - where Christmas is in summer and usually hot it is about being outside- at the park and the beach and in the pool and hanging out with friends. This is Hollie's absolute best friend- Callum- we hang out with him alot and spend lots of time with him and his family- we are even having Xmas lunch at Callum;s house this year! These 2 adore each other- they are so cute!! Well that is what i chose to scrap and write about and what December means to me - sun, friends and togetherness!!

Here is the sketch





And here is my take on it- using some older Prima papers that are very cutsey!!


After not scrapping for a few months it was great to get back into it and to be happy with what i had done!

Thanks for looking and for your lovely comments- i appreciate each and every one!

Back soon with my last post before Christmas!

Francine

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Well you have done one more than I have done. LOL. It looks great and so cute that they are best of friends. Merry Christmas Francine and am sure that you will have a fab Xmas day with your family and friends. :)

EFI said...

Oh my!!! Your page is absolutely adorable!!! So many lovely details! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS! Merry Christmas xoxoxo

Svetlana Austin said...

this is such a sweet and pretty LO! I love the combo of soft pink and black and white photo your used here. very nice!
thank you for joining us at OUAS!

Karen Shady said...

Hi Francione... I love this layout, I am the DT coordinator for Manor House Creations, and I wondered if we could use it on our blog for our 'you've been spotted' segment in January :) You dont have to do anything, accept give me your full m=name, so we can give you the credit... you can visit my blog, to let me know if its OK

Happy new year,
Karen Shady
http://karenshady.blogspot.com.au/

Andrea said...

This is a very beautiful layout. The colors go so well together. I love the fact that you used a black and white photograph.

Happy 2013, Andrea

By the way, I also participated in the challenge, have a look at my blog and if you like, become a memeber http://paperscrapsandscissors.blogspot.com/

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

It's always fun to see how your December is so different than mine in the northern hemisphere :-)

Love all the pink on this page and how cute it is! Thank you for playing with us at OUAS in December :-)