Sunday, September 2, 2012

Steampunk Fabulousness....

Hi everyone,

This week i have been excited and challenged and had soo much fun with Steampunk for my Nic Howard class. I have tried things that i have never tried before - and used new embellishments on my layouts- i have made tags for the first time- so it has been a fantastic week- i actually did 2 layouts and 2 tags this week! It has also made me even more excited about Finnabair coming in March next year- she will be coming to Scrappin Patch and teaching 2 fabulous classes - i cannot wait to learn from a master!

The Scrappin Patch retreat is next weekend too and i am looking forward to learning alot about inks and paints and heaps of new techniques from Cindy Porter - who is coming over from Melbourne. Should be a great weekend- so i will have lots to share after the weekend!

Anyhoo- it was a quick trip to Lincraft to grab some gesso and a rummage through Simon's garage to find all sorts of metal screws and washers and any cogs i could find! And lots of glimmermisting! Here are my 2 tags- my first attempt at Steampunk- !



I wasn't too happy with my tags so i decided to make a layout as well- there was alot of discussion amongst my fellow class members  as to what was Steampunk- the consensus was whatever we were happy with!! So this layout is my style of scrapping with some steampunk thrown in!! But i am happy with it!!


I found some fabulous finds in Simon's garage which were perfect - just don't ask me what they are or what they are for!! Some gorgeous chipboard cogs and a Pink Paislee Resist paper that got liberally sprayed with a fair amount of glimmermist!! I tried to add touches to the dressform too to make it more steampunk!! I loved one of Nic's tips - to put your title onto some transparency so that you can layer your title over lumpy bumpy bits on your layout!! Perfect! 

i have some hidden journalling on this page to Zoe - who lacks alot in confidence - especially at school- she finds it hard work - so i wanted to emphasise that she needs to forge her own path- not everyone excels at school but everyone is talented in different ways and she just needs to find her bliss- her talents and use them to be both happy and successful in her life.

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there... Simon had a great day - he bought himself - finally - a new LED flatscreen TV- he had his favourite roast lamb for dinner- some chocs from the girls and a mini album from me with photos of him and the girls to take to work... photos coming up of that !!

Have a good one- love to hear your comments!

Francine

1 comment:

Dee said...

I think this page is stunning... Great use of your bits and pieces!!! I am sure your daughter will treasure it - sometimes they just need a bit of "concrete" reassurance and I love the idea of your thoughts being hidden.