Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beautimus

Hi Everyone, This is a layout that i did as a product challenge over at Scrappin Patch using journalling tags as embellishments. The cards i were given were vintage style so i thought that they would be a perfect fit for these stunning pages from the TIMEPIECE range from BO Bunny. I have had these papers since they came out and the Gabrielle range and have not been able to use them yet- they just seem too beautiful to use and i tend to hold on to them for awhile before i use them! So i plunged in and was happy with my creation. I loved the windows at the top that yoou can cut open - i added a diecut behind one that says a step back in time- i also managed to use one of my transparencies from my stash that i have had for years!

I also had a go at making a card! My first one- i think it turned out okayish but hey i can only get better from here in right?! I went to a Stampin Up party this afternoon with a couple of friends and really enjoyed making a card there and having a play with all their goodies. I don;t tend to use stamps as much as i should- and it has encouraged me to try some more- i have quite a few but they tend to stay at the bottom  ofmy bag and never see the light of day.... They have roller stamps- very cool and i used some pens to colour in some stamps to get the 2 or 3 colours on one stamp - how cool is that! I was very impressed but stayed strong and didn't blow my budget- my friend is going to have a party at her place in Sept so i may be able to purchase some goodies then!

I went to my crop night last night but wasn't in a hugely creative mood- i managed to get my layout done for Nic Howards class this week - neutrals- my camera won't download onto my laptop at the moment which is so annoying- it means i have to crank up the old and very slow computer to download photos and then transfer them to my laptop... GRRR... thats why i bought the laptop in the first place so it could be fast and it would be easier to download....GRRRR....

Hope you are having a great weekend...

Francine

No comments: