Monday, June 6, 2011

a Busy Long Weekend

I hope that you have all had a lovely long weekend. I have had an extremely busy one- with both of my sisters arriving from out of town and dealing with the kids while Simon has worked alot of the weekend. Lucy has an ear infection so i have had about 4 hours of broken sleep the last 2 nights. So i am looking forward to moving on with the week.....

This is a layout i did awhile ago using one of my favourite ranges this year - My Minds Eye- Fine and Dandy collection. I have done so many layouts with this line and had to go back and buy more as i loved it so much. I did another layout using this line on Friday night but haven't had a chance to go near either a camera or my scrap room this weekend! I will try and get some snapds tomorrow.

Friday night was fun as 2 friends and I all did one of Trina Mcclunes kits together. It was amazing to see how diffferent they all came out as we all used the same materials but changed the photo layout and size or colour and used different inks and glimmermists and flowers and they were all amazing and so different!

I took my sister for a drive around the CBD today to show her the damage - a few new streets have opened up  so we were able to park up and have a wander. It was a very emotional morning - standing outside the CTV site and seeing all the flowers that had been placed there and on the fences- and lots of notes to loved ones lost. It was a very sobering moment and really brought home to me and to my sister the magnitude of it all. It was reeally hard to see the CBD so broken and empty of people- like a ghost town. One whole block had been demolished on Colombo street and more will have to come down. so incredibly sad. And with the aftershocks still coming ( a 5.5 today amongst others) its easy to see why people are becoming disheartened and want to leave. CHCH needs people to stay though more than anything so i will be here doing whatever small bit i can to help our city rebuild and heal.

On a lighter note Simon bought the great little book - you Know You Live in CHCH when..... if you don't have it you should get it - some of the anecdotes are hilarious. I 'll leave you with one of my favourites....

you know you live in CHCH when... your 3 year old points out the window and says "That building is buggered" as you drive down the road.

Lucy calls town  UPSY DOWN Town now.....

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Another great layout, I liked that range too. We had a similar sleepless weekend, Grace and I have been sick too. I hope health has been restored to your home :) I must go for a look around town soon, it will be all pulled down if I don't get there soon. Hope you had a lovely time with your sisters.