Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Scrapbooking Day

I hope that you have had a chance to celebrate Scrapbooking Day which was on Saturday. Over at Scrappin Patch there has been a great challenge running where each of the design team has set a challenge and if you enter all 5 challenges then you are up for a great prize from Adrienne at Scrappin Patch. Make sure you check out the blog and forum for more info.

 The theme is ALL ABOUT ME- and scrapbooking. My challenge was to scrap a layout about your favourite product- no prizes for guessing what i chose! PRIMA of course. This layout however was for one of the other challenges- all about me- using the technique of fussy cutting and of course there had to be some Prima in there as well.

I had a great scrapping weekend- i had a crop night on Friday night and completed 3 layouts that i was really happy with. On Saturday i went along to the all day scrApathon at Scrappin Patch and had a great time. I was really happy with the 6 layouts i got done. So i  will be a good girl this week and try to blog more and show them off.

The hightlight for me was seeing a lady that i used to work with about 3 years ago and to catch up with her and her life. She was the lady that got me into scrapbooking 3 years ago - i took her beginners class at Scrapbook Art and thanks to her talent and personality and support got stuck into scrapbooking and even started working alongside her in the shop. It was such a thrill to see her again and meant so much to me for her to compliment me on my work now- i have come such a long way since those early days when my layouts were so simple and i used to scraplift or use sketches for everything. Last year was the turning point for me when i found my own style and the confidence to use my own ideas- and working for Scrappin Patch has been a huge bonus and honour too. It meant so much for me to  hear things like - you do beautiful work - thats gorgeous- and you spend so much time and love on each layout. So thanks heaps to that special lady and good luck for your new starts thsi year - you so deserve some happiness!

All righty then- so my mission is to blog at least 3 -4 times this week and share some more work with you!

Have a great day
Francine

No comments: