Sunday, March 20, 2011

Scrappin Patch Retreat Weekend



Well i am one tired lady after a great weekend scrapping up a storm at Scrappin Patch's retreat weekend. We had our usual crop night on Friday night but i was able to start out early that day since it was a public holiday like 3pm!! And then on Saturday the wonderfully talented Louise Williams flew down from Auckland to run an amazing off the page class. I chose to do the treehouse Prima canvas album. Louise's album was stunning- we started the class at 10.30pm and i almost finished mine by 10pm that night!! I am just very slow but it looks amazing. I haven't done much off the page work before so found it a real challenge but an enjoyable one although very time consuming!!

we had 17 ladies in the shop doing the class- including the lovely Robbi and some of her crew from Dunedin- who were nice and loud and jolly !! It was good fun and pushed my boundaries !! I learnt some new techniques and played with some new products as Louise works for Shimmerz. It was a great few days but still it is never long enough! I wished that we could have been scrapping today to get some layouts done. I have been so time poor lately and really havent had much time to be creative.

I did manage to get 4 layouts done on friday night- my challenge from my scrapping buddy was to do some layouts in a different style not so flowery all the time- i found it hard!!! Still i get the point that not all layouts have to be masterpieces of art and covered in flowers but thats what i like to do!! So i did a layout using the really fun and funky BOBUNNY Blast off range and my favourite one was using the Fine and Dandy range of papers. i havent had a chance to take any photos yet but hopefully the sun will shine tomorrow and i can get some shots! By the 4th layout the flowers had crept back out so nevermind!!

Anyway this is a layout that i did in January but havent posted yet- a simple one- but i did try some stamping- i have quite a few stamps and need to use them more!!

Would love to hear your comments


Francine

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

It was such a fun class.. can't wait to see your finished album. Mine will take alot longer to complete, I completly understand the time poor thing :)