Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm Back

Hi everyone,

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year with family and friends. I am sorry to have neglected my blog of late but life has been busy over the holiday break- lovely sunny weather has meant we have spent alot of time in our pool- and having BBQ's and having lots of friends over to our place. The WII rockband has been a fantastic success and all of the girls have loved the drums and have gotten quite good in a few short weeks. Their favourite is the Beatles- Yellow Submarine and Lucy in the SKy with Diamonds! Mum and dad have enjoyed the Rockband ones - especially on New Years Eve with friends. We even let off lots of fireworks we had saved for that night and it was a great start for 2011.

As you can imagine not much scrapping has been done with all of the kids at home. I did have a lovely day at my friends house the other week and it felt so good to scarp after a month or so of doing absolutely nothing. Having the whole day was fantastic and i was relieved to have gotten 5 layouts done that i was really happy with. Will take some pictures tomorrow and upload some for you all to see.

On Friday last week i joined the ladies out at Scrappin Patch for the charity make 6x6 albums for the Dunedin kids camp that Trina McClune organises. It was a fun afternoon making up the pages for these disadvantaged kids - some of whom had never had a photo of themselves before- a very worthy cause. In the evening we scrapped our own pages and i managed to get 2 pages done that just need a bit more tweaking till i am happy.

I have been reorganising my scrap room and eliminating papers that i have had for years and just know that are not my style at all at the moment and if they are more than 3 years old then they are being donated to my daughter to play with and passed on to others who love scrapping but don't have much money. Zoe spent almost all day making pages the other day with my cast offs and just loved it- i am helping her make a little book now- some of her pages show lots of promise so i think she will be a scrapper too!

Anyhoo- will try and get some photos of my latest creations up tomorrow.

Francine

No comments: