Saturday, January 22, 2011

Adore

Thisis my last newborn baby photo of Hollie and one that i have been saving till now- till i felt i had the right papers and knew what i wanted to do with it. Well as you know i am a huge fan of Camilla Ekman and when i saw her layout i fell absolutely head over heels with it and thought- that would be perfect for that photo of Hollie and would really do it justice. I wanted the page to be gorgeous and a scraplift of Camilla's can hardly be anything but!! So this is what it came out like- i love how she did the edging round the circles- i do that alot on my layouts but had never thought to do it like this! i added a few things like the banner, a few diecuts and the scroll that i cut from another paper and the flowers are different but basically the same. If you haven't seen Camilla's work she is amazing and designs for a number of big design teams like Kaisercraft, ZVA Creative, Swirlydoos and Creative Scrappers.

Anyhoo - i did this layout and one using Websters pages (that i love and will show soon)
at a new crop night called Happy Scrappers at LInwood North School. Had a nice time there and was happy with my two layouts.

Last night i was out at Scrappin Patch for their crop night and had a ball with the 10 ladies there- the mojo was flowing and i got three layouts done and the Prima BAP started for January. So i will have lots to share this week.!! It was nice to catch up with some people and meet some new ladies- and i even got a few compliments on my work which is always nice. One comment was made that people can't seem to make comments on my blog very easily- they have tried and it doesn't seem to work- i thought that people just weren't reading my blog or didn't like anything- i am not sure what is wrong but i will get Si to hava a look- maybe i might have to change to another blog? will see!!

The Scrappin Patch design team will be starting up our challenges again in February, we have taken on board the survet results and have streamlined our challenges and got some new ideas happening- so stay tuned!! I am running the sketch challenge this month so expect LOve and hearts and Valentines coming your way on reveal day 5th February!!

This week i must start and complete my design team project that will hopefully turn into a class sometime in February /March- so keep an eye out for that one too. If you havn't booked for Louise Williams Prima Handbag- Birdcage class in March- book now it will be amazing!!!

I wanted to finish this post with my resolutions for this year- i am abit late i know but i have three

1. To get a layout published
2. To get rid of my baby weight once and for all by November so that i can look my best for hopefully after lots of saving...
3. go on holiday somewhere overseas - just Simon and I for our 10 year anniversary.

There we go now that i have declared them and they aren't just in my head - i have to action them!!

Hope you are having a great weekend and if you have made it this far down after all my waffling- well done!!

Francine

No comments: